Essential 6 For Cats
- Improves Coat Shine: In international trials over 70% of cat owners saw an improvement in coat shine (an indicator of healthy skin) when using Essential 6® spot-on.
- Improves dry scaly skin: Essential 6® spot on moisturises the coat and skin, particularly hydrating dry skin.
- Avoids bathing the cat
10 essential oils (clove, camphor, gaultheria, rosemary, curcuma, oregano, lavender, peppermint, tea tree and cedar), hemp and neem oil. Essential 6 is rich is Omega 6 and Omega 3 essential fatty acids.
Dosage & Format
- 4 cat pipettes per box.
- Initial dose is one pipette applied weekly for the first 8 weeks.
- Maintenance dose is one pipette every 2 weeks (after the initial 8 week treatment).
Essential 6 spot-on should not be used 2 days before or after bathing. Essential 6 spot-on has not been tested in kittens under 3 months old.
When to Use
- For cats with dull dry coats.
- For older or obese cats who have difficulty grooming.
- For cats who are on a reduced calorie diet or who cannot take Omega 3 products orally.
- For cats with dandruff or dry scaly skin
A yellow coloured liquid in a gold coloured pipette.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does Essential 6 Work?
Essential 6 works by increasing skin hydration in the epidermis layer (the hydrolipidic film). Once Essential 6 is applied to the skin it works as follows:
- It bio-diffuses through the skin and is stored in the sebaceous glands.
- It is progressively released from the sebaceous glands.
- It is then distributed along the body and absorbed into the skin.
- This balances trans-epidermal water loss (i.e. evaporation through the skin) to optimise skin hydration and maintain the cutaneous ecosystem balance.
- It also reduces odour and leaves your pet naturally fresh smelling.