Kaminox 120 ml
Kaminox is a highly palatable liquid nutritional supplement for cats with chronic renal failure and other disorders resulting from low potassium blood levels.
It contains additional B-vitamins and essential amino acids for nutritional support.
- The body needs potassium as it is essential for the correct functioning of many body systems, e.g. the heart and blood vessels, kidneys, muscles, nerves and energy production.
- Kaminox is a tasty supplement that contains B vitamins, which may increase the cat’s appetite and help with energy production, as well as amino acids, iron and potassium.
- In cats with kidney disease:
- if the potassium levels become low then that can lead to further damage to the kidneys, exacerbating the problem.
- Cats can have a decreased appetite, as there is a constant loss of potassium in the urine, so if it is not being taken in via the diet then the levels will continue to decline.
- It is common for cats to experience low potassium levels (hypokalaemia) has been identified in 37% of cats who are hospitalised.
- It is also the most common electrolyte abnormality associated with feline chronic kidney disease (CKD) (in one study the incidence was 79%)
- It can also occur in liver and gastrointestinal disease, and levels should be monitored closely in these cases.