Malaseb shampoo * VET PRESCRIPTION form required
Malaseb is a medicated shampoo for cats and dogs to treat Seborrhoeic Dermatitis (a skin infection involving a common bacteria Staphylococcus and yeast Malassezia) and to help treat Dermatophytosis (ringworm - a fungal infection).
Available in a 250 ml bottle
What it does
Kills the micro-organisms, helping to keep the numbers of yeasts and bacteria at manageable levels.
Removes excess scale and oils, commonly produced when the skin is infected. Removes allergens such as pollens which can be caught in fur or on skin causing irritation.
How to Administer
- Leave the shampoo on for the full 10 minutes where ever possible.
- Always make sure the coat is thoroughly wet before applying Malaseb, as this will make lathering and spreading easier.
- Using a wet sponge can help to spread the shampoo well. The sponge also holds water which again helps to ensure the coat is adequately wet during application.
- A damp cloth, with a little diluted foam can be used to clean the face of both cats and dogs.
- Whilst bathing cats is never easy, many will tolerate water better if it is not running. Using a 3 bucket technique, where all buckets are filled with warmwater can help. The cat is dunked (not including head) into the first bucket and shampoo applied, then wrapped in a towel for the 10 minutes to stay warm and prevent licking foam. Once the 10 minutes is up the cat is sequentially dunked into the foamy water then remaining buckets to rinse the coat.