Metacam 0.5mg/ml Oral Cat 30 ML Bottles OUT OF STOCK ETA 8 March
Please note we cannot supply this product without a veterinary script.
Metacam Suspension For Cats
Metacam Oral Suspension for Cats 30ml is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID) for use in cats.
It is used for the alleviation of inflammation and pain in chronic musculo-skeletal disorders.
Each ml contains 0.5mg meloxicam as the active ingredient (equivalent to 0.017mg per drop) and 1.5mg sodium benzoate (equivalent to 0.05mg per drop).
Alleviation of inflammation and pain in acute and chronic musculo-skeletal disorders, such as osteoarthritis, in dogs and cats.
Reduction of post-operative pain
- Metacam® is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug of the oxicam class.
- Metacam® was first launched for dogs in 1993, and is now licensed in over 40 countries around the world.
- The Metacam® formulations available for pets include honey flavoured oral suspension and tablets, as well as an aqueous solution for injection.
- All Metacam® formulations can be stored at room temperature.
- As the oral formulations are primarily used by animal owners, they are supplied in child resistant packaging, i.e. bottles (suspension) or blisters (tablets).
- Only Metacam® oral suspension can be dosed in half kg increments, allowing easy adaptation of the dose e.g. in case of weight loss as the mobility of the patient improves
- Post-operative pain management can be initiated by pre-operative use of the solution for injection, which is compatible with most anaesthetic drugs commonly used in multi-modal pain management protocols.
- In vivo and in vitro studies demonstrate meloxicam to inhibit COX-2 to a greater extent than COX-1.
Metacam® oral formulations are administered once daily with or after food. The oral suspension can be administered either via a dispenser syringe or dropper.